11/12/2021

National Father's Day | Story Between Daughter and Father - Tell Me Yours!!

 

inc.com

My father is kind of a strict father. He is tough, firm, and stiff. He never let his only daughter fall into the wrong way of life. Sometimes, that strict type of him makes me feel restrained, even until now. When he says “No”, it will be forever “No”, no matter what. He is sometimes emotional, judgmental, and said something bad of me. And what can I do after that is only cry. I have no that courage to fight him. He is loud, fierce, and sometimes scold me in our house terrace which our neighbour can hear all what he said, and I was so embarrased. He also sometimes slapped me when I was still a kid. He never said “I love you” to me, or “sorry” to me, or “thank you” to me, or something soft words to me. BUT, you know what? Even thought he “treat” me like that, he is still my best father I have ever had. Once again I tell you, he is the best father.


His kindness to me is way more greater than all what I said before above. I know that he loves me more than anything, but he can’t say it all because we are the type of awkward father and daughter. When I was a kid, I always remember that he always waved his hand to me every time he went to his work. And when he cameback home, he always brought me food if he had more money for that. That habit continues until right now, even until he retired from his job. He still bring me food everytime he saw my favorite food on the street and when had more money. Not so long ago, he just went to the drugstore to bought his routine medicine, and when he cameback home, he brought me Lumpia basah, and I was not even ask him to buy me foods?! And today, just a few hours ago after his Friday pray, he bought me cilok omg. And it’s been already 3 weeks he always bought me food after his Friday pray. Did he forget that I am his 25 years old daughter? Omg, I’m f**ng 25!!! I love him.


Alhamdulillah, I was a child who -let’s say- quite good at recitation. Since I was a kid, I grew up in a family that close to Allah. We are always keep up to a religion. Our house is close to a mosque, and my father is a “mosque person”. He is really good in recite (mengaji). His voice when recite or when he become an “imam” in the mosque is so good, and people admit it. So that he teach me how to recite properly since I was a kid. He also teach me how to Sholat. You know what, when I was in kindergarten, I was the student that can read Quran properly. That time when kindergarten graduation day, I was chosen to be the representative of kindergarten students to recite on stage, and my father watched me from behind. I know he must be proud of me, right?


Dokumentasi Pribadi


Another kindness that I will never forget is he always took me to the school by his red Honda Supra X motorbike. Since I was in elementary school until high school, when it didn't clash with his work shift schedule, he always took me to the school. Even until I went to college and got a job. So at that time I took an employee class in the college, and I got to worked in the morning, and went to college in the evening after work. Every day, every morning my father always took me to the office no matter the weather is hot or even raining. And in the evening, he took me to the Bojong Gede Station which is about 15 km from the office. OMG I’M CRYING !!!!!!!  During Romadhon, he even brought food from home to break the fast on the street after dropping me off at the station. Can you imagine? He even need to go back home after that and it means he have to pass another 15 km to the home. AND SOMETIMES WHEN I COMEBACK FROM COLLEGE I ASK HIM TO PICK ME UP AGAIN IN THE STATION. WHAT KIND OF DAUGHTER AM I? 😢


There was one time. it was raining very hard, but I had to still go to campus because it would affect my attendance. After work, my father still picks me up with his raincoat, and he also brings me one too. And we were raining on motorbikes to the station, 15 km, with the traffic jams, the puddles, and the darkness of the evening because of the heavy rain. On the road I can only be silent and cried. A few days later, my mother told me that, that day my father was also cried because he saw my struggle to still went to college after work, in the heavy rain. GOD, I LOVE MY FATHER SO MUCH. PLEASE MAKES HIM A HAPPY PERSON ALWAYS.


Yeah. That’s it. That’s my father. My only father. There are still so many kindness that he did to me. THERE ARE SO MANY I CAN’T EVEN COUNT. Despite his “bad treatment” to me that I told you in the first pharagraph, for me, it's all nothing compared to his sacrifice and kindness for me and my family. He might be not a best dad in the world. But he is the best dad in my own world. Periodt. 


Dokumentasi Pribadi


At the beginning of this year, my father was diagnosed with diabetes type 2. At that time, we were so sad. He became so weak for almost 3 months and he was hospitalized for almost 2 weeks. Me and my mother was so sad, that was our first time experience something like that. As the only child, I was the one who took care all of his needs in the hospital. My mother became so down, and she got a fever for a week. So I took care of my father in the hospital, and also my mother in the house. But Alhamdulillah it's all have passed. My father has finally recovered and can return to his usual activities even though must continue to consume the medicine until now. Please pray for my parents to always be healthy and live long. I love them so much. I really love them.


Dokumentasi Pribadi


No matter how your parents treat you, they are still your parents. Even if your parents have different religions with you, as long as they don't force you to change your belief, you should even respect them. They are what make you strong until now. Please respect your parents. Love them like they love you when you were a baby. Make them happy with your own way. Believe me, they don’t even ask anything from you. They just want to make you happy with their own way, or with the way that they believe. Forgive them if they hurts you. Forgive them if they treat you in a wrong way. Because only that things that they can do. 


Happy national father's day.


Now, let me know how is your father. Is he the calm type father? Or the strict type father like mine? Tell me your story between you and your father. I would love to hear from you. Reach me out on my social media, or simply comment down below :).


#nb: I'm sorry I think this writing is too sensitive. I hope you still enjoy. Thank you for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment